Vegan Caramel Button Cookies
- 1/3 cup Organic Road Coconut Oil, softened
- 2/3 cup raw sugar (or your preferred granulated sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup Organic Road Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup nut milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1/2 cup Organic Road Coconut Flakes
- 9 squares of Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate
Preheat your oven
Preheat your oven to 170°C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Beat the ingredients
Mix the softened coconut oil, raw sugar and vanilla extract together until well combined. Add the buckwheat flour, cacao powder, baking powder and sea salt and start to mix.
Add the milk and coconut
Gradually add the milk and continue to beat the mixture together until you get a thick dough. Fold through the coconut flakes.
Spoon onto the tray
Spoon the mixture onto the tray to make 9 cookies. Make sure you leave plenty of space between each cookie (see the video above) as they will spread as they bake.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the tops of the cookies have just set. Remove the tray from the oven and lightly press a square of chocolate into each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven for another 1-2 minutes until the chocolate starts to melt. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray.
Store the cookies in an airtight container.