Deliciously good and kinda like a sticky date pudding!
Sarah’s vegan Deluxe Mix loaf
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 ½ tbsp water)
2 tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup almond milk
2 ripe bananas
Sarah’s Day Loving Earth Deluxe Mix
1 ½ cups buckwheat flour
½ cup blanched almond meal
1 tbsp vanilla bean powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tbsp tapioca starch
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
dried figs, optional
½ cup agave nectar (or liquid sweeter of choice)
- Make flax egg and soak chia seeds in almond milk. Set aside.
- Mash bananas, and then add everything else!
- Add more almond milk if mixture too dry – you want the mixture to be a thick, gooey, muffin-like batter. 4. Add as much Deluxe Mix as you want, depending on how much texture you enjoy in your loaf! I also added some chopped up dried fig.
- Place in a non-stick silicone loaf pan. Cook at 180°C, for around 10 mins, or until the top of your loaf has begun to cook. Take out of oven and stab with a fork multiple times. Pour an additional ½ cup of agave nectar (or your chosen liquid sweetener) over the loaf, allowing it to soak into the holes. This ensures a nice gooey and sticky loaf!
- Put back in oven and cook until golden brown, gooey and bubbly, around 25 minutes.
- It is a pretty dense loaf and delicious hot! You can totally toast it too!