Recipe and image by Loving Earth
Healthy Ginger Loaf With Coconut Whipped Cream, Summer Berries and Chocolate
- 2C gluten-free flour
- 1t baking soda
- 1 1/2t ground ginger
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2t nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4C molasses
- 1/2 C Loving Earth coconut oil, melted
- 1/3C Loving Earth coconut nectar
- 1/3C apple sauce
- 3/4C coconut or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 175°C and lightly grease and line a loaf pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together molasses, coconut oil, coconut nectar, apple sauce and coconut/almond milk.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in wet mixture. Gently fold together, making sure not to over-mix.
- Once combined, pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, decorate with coconut whipped cream (made with cold canned coconut cream and coconut nectar), berries of choice and chocolate! Slice and serve