Sugar-free Yule log
- 50g unsalted butter
- 180g Perfect Sweet Chocolate Bake Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp raw cacao or pure cocoa for dusting
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp Perfect Sweet xylitol (or to taste)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp raw cacao or pure cocoa
200g unsalted butter
¼ cup Perfect Sweet xylitol
¼ cup raw cacao or pure cocoa
1. Line baking tray with baking paper and grease with butter.
2. Beat butter with ¼ cup of Perfect Sweet Chocolate Bake Mix.
3. Stir in remainder of Perfect Sweet Chocolate Bake Mix and baking powder.
4. Add cream, vanilla extract and eggs. Beat well for 2 minutes.
5. Spread mixture on paper lined tray and bake for 15 minutes at 160°C.
6. Dust a fresh piece of baking paper with cacao/cocoa. Invert cake onto paper and roll up.
7. Set aside to cool.
1. Whip cream and just before soft peak stage, add Perfect Sweet xylitol, cacao/cocoa, and vanilla extract.
2. Unroll cooled cake and spread on cream filling.
3. Re-roll cake and set aside in cool place.
1. Beat butter and Perfect Sweet xylitol until pale and creamy, beat in cacao/cocoa.
2. Cover log with frosting and mark to resemble tree bark.
3. Decorate with a sprig of holly or festive decoration.
4. Keep refrigerated until serving.