Perfect after dinner treat! | By Tina from The Barefoot Housewife
Choc Mint Slice
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup Loving Earth Cacao
- ¼ cup Loving Earth Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Medjool pitted dates
- 2 cups raw cashews that have been soaked overnight, rinsed & drained
- ¼ cup melted Loving Earth Coconut Oil
- 6 pitted dates
- ¾ cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ tsp spirulina powder (optional: for extra colour)
- ½ tsp – 1 tsp of peppermint oil
- 3 tbsp Loving Earth Cacao powder
- Loving Earth Dark Chocolate
- Pulse all base ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until the mixture sticks together, you want to retain some texture.
- Press evenly into a lined tin 23cm x 18cm.
- Pop the base into the freezer while you make the filling green filling
- Blend all the filling ingredients EXCEPT the cacao in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth.
- Start with ½ tsp of peppermint oil and increase if needed after blending.
- Set aside ⅓ of the filling (this will be the chocolate layer).
- Layer ⅓ of your green filling onto your base, then return to the freezer to set a little.
- For the chocolate layer, using the ⅓ of filling you set aside, sift in cacao powder and mix well.
- Layer this onto the green filling, then return to the freezer to set a little.
- Layer on the remaining green filling and return to the freezer.
- Decorate with melted Loving Earth Dark Chocolate.
- Cut into portions and store in sealed container in freezer, allow to defrost a little before eating.