- 1 small raw whole chicken (unskinned)
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 1 carrot, roughly diced
- 1 stick of celery, roughly diced
- 1 tsp chopped lemon thyme
- 1 tsp chopped chilli
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Cleopatra’s Certified Organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 1 ½ cups diced carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 l chicken stock (from recipe above)
- 2 cups shredded chicken meat (from recipe above)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp Best of the Bone Organic Turmeric Bone Broth
- 1 tsp Organic Road Turmeric powder
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- Natural Road Himalayan Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Place whole chicken in large pot with other ingredients for stock, cover with cold water. Bring pan to simmer and cook for 2 hours, the chicken should be fall off the bone easily when done.
- Remove the chicken – remove skin and bones and discard – shred meat and set aside 2 cups for soup.
- Strain stock and discard vegetables and onions – there should be around 2 litres of stock for soup.
- In a large pot add olive oil and chopped onion, celery and carrots, garlic and ginger, cook over low heat for a few minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add reserved stock, shredded chicken, broccoli, bone broth and turmeric simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, stir through herbs, salt and pepper and serve.