Go Vita Distributors Limited ABN 27 003 173 439 and its participating store members (Go Vita) are committed to ensuring privacy compliance of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
What personal information do we collect?
Go Vita may collect the following types of personal information:
- Your name, address and date of birth
- Your contact details
- Profession, occupation or job title
- Details of your payment arrangements – such as credit or debit card, bank account or payment intermediary
- Information about you and your personal position that you or Go Vita member stores provide in the course of your relationship with Go Vita
What is the purpose of collecting your personal information?
Go Vita collects personal information about you so that Go Vita can deal with you and offer you products and services as a customer.
How we collect your personal information
Go Vita may collect personal information about you when you deal with Go Vita in person or by telephone, mail, fax, e-mail or social media or when you visit the Go Vita web site.
Also Go Vita on its website uses tracking technologies such as cookies or Web Beacons to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Web Beacon is a technical method that sends information related to the access to websites, when you browse websites or open or preview an HTML-formatted email. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or Web Beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. These tracking technologies allow Go Vita to monitor the Go Vita web site, and to record how many people are using the different parts of the site. It is possible to set your browser to refuse tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons, however, this may limit the services provided by Go Vita’s web site.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Personal information about you is collected by Go Vita so that Go Vita can perform its business activities and functions and supply and market products and services to you. Not least, Go Vita collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage your Go Vita membership;
- to transact and complete transactions with you including completing payment arrangements and making shipping and delivery arrangements;
- to provide you with further information about other products or services Go Vita can offer;
- to send communications about or supply products and services when requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products and services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of the Go Vita website;
- to assess the performance of the Go Vita website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to Go Vita related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Go Vita and Go Vita related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to Go Vita related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update Go Vita records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any access request or complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Go Vita will only collect personal information about you directly from you, except where that is unreasonable or impracticable.
If you do not provide Go Vita with the requested information Go Vita may not be able to provide you with Go Vita products or services, or enable you to interact or engage with Go Vita.
Go Vita does not send advertising information without obtaining prior consent. If you receive communications from Go Vita which you do not wish to receive, you may remove your name from the database by contacting Go Vita using the contact information below. Please allow 14 days for the request to be processed.
Go Vita will not sell or otherwise provide to any third party any personal information collected or held by Go Vita, except to; third parties that we contact in relation to verifying and completing payment arrangements and making shipping and delivery arrangements, Go Vita related bodies corporate, Go Vita store members, Go Vita professional advisers, Go Vita consultants and service providers, intermediaries, Go Vita auditors and regulators or where required or permitted by law or with your consent.
Go Vita will keep your hard copy or electronic records on our premises and systems (or that of Go Vita related bodies corporate) or off site using trusted third parties.
How long is the information kept?
Your personal information may be kept indefinitely.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically. Go Vita has security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
Gaining access to, and seeking correction of, information we hold about you
You may request access to any personal information Go Vita are still holding about you at any time by contacting Go Vita (see the details below).
Where Go Vita holds information that you are entitled to access, Go Vita will try to provide you with a suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
Go Vita may charge you a reasonable fee to cover Go Vita administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. Go Vita will not charge you for simply making the request and will not charge you for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where Go Vita cannot grant you access to the personal information Go Vita holds.
For example, Go Vita may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, Go Vita will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Making a complaint
Go Vita Distributors Limited ABN 27 003 173 439
If you believe that Go Vita Distributors Limited has interfered with your privacy, please make contact using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that Go Vita can investigate it.
Go Vita will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that Go Vita contacts you within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
Go Vita will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Once Go Vita has received the complaint, the Go Vita Privacy Officer will endeavour to provide you with an answer within 30 days.
Go Vita participating member stores
If you believe that a participating Go Vita member store has interfered with your privacy, please contact that Go Vita member store directly and provide details of the incident so that the Go Vita member store can investigate it.
The Go Vita member store will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that the Go Vita member store contacts you within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
The Go Vita member store will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Once the Go Vita member store has received the complaint, the Go Vita member store Privacy Officer will endeavour to provide you with an answer within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the proposed resolution of your complaint, you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- Online: via www.oaic.gov.au
- By mail: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
- By fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or enquiries about privacy at Go Vita Distributors Limited, please contact the Privacy Officer as follows:
Attn: The Privacy Officer
Go Vita Distributors Limited
1056 Canley Vale Rd
Wetherill Park NSW 2164
Tel: 02 8781 4700
Fax: 02 8781 4750
For questions or enquiries about privacy at a participating Go Vita member store, please contact the Go Vita member store directly. Their contact details can be found here.
Updates to this policy