Manuka honey is the pinnacle of honey, especially when it comes to its healing and medicinal properties. There are three compounds that set it apart from other honeys, Eptosperin, DHA and Methylglyoxal. A thing to note whilst looking at what Manuka honey to purchase is the UMF rating, this refers to the concentration levels of Eptosperin, DHA and Methylglyoxal. The higher the rating, the higher the concentrate, therefore better quality and stronger medicinal properties.
Manuka Honey is supercharged with health benefits, here are just a few;
- Improves wound healing – beneficial for acne scars, eczema, psoriasis, cuts and bites
- Lines the throat – soothes sore throats and helps fight bacteria such as cold causing bacteria
- Improves digestion due to its acidic nature
- Enhances immune system through its antiviral, anti-bacteria and antioxidant qualities
- Honey’s low water content prevents the bacteria from growing, meaning it can lasts for 1000s of years. It was even found buried within the Egyptian pyramids and tombs!
Adding Manuka Honey into your daily life, whether adding it to food, or topically in face masks to rejuvenate and nourish the skin, you will experience the many ancient healing properties of this special honey.
Manuka Honey Face Mask
Makes one face mask
- 1t BeePower Manuka Honey
- 1/2t Cleopatras Apple Cider Vinegar or 1/2t lemon juice
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2t Organic Road turmeric powder
- 1/2t water
Mix well and apply to face. Leave for 15-20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.